Sunday, August 13, 2006

Phew...

Now is the time of updation! *Mein Teil is blasted in the background*

Alright...let's see, what was I doing last time I upated this thing.
*checks*
'ye gods its been a long while since I updated. Alright...let's get things rolling.

Entrance exams into medschool...failed.
*sigh* Yepp, my score was around average placing me around nr. 148 of the 300 that applied. Still not bad, but not good enough. So, I enrolled in the 30 unit japanese course!
With that out of the way, my recent paycheck leads me to amend my last comment. We don't have 25% income tax...it's 36.72%.

I've started work at the power company, digging ditches and laying fiber optic cable. I'm quitting in about 2 weeks. This has been quite fun. A huge difference from working at the old folks home. The job is very masculine, and its amazing how much that helps morale. Also I've got quite a good workout digging those ditches and lifting those paving stones, just need abit of gym work to smoothen things out.

Wacken came and went!
Didn't spend that much really...after everything (room and board in Copenhagen included) I'd spent around 500 euro. Not so much really since that was with all the stuff I bought, with a tent and such.
But, the festival. It was beyond words and it climaxed on Saturday with Emperor! Was at my favorite festival, at the front for my favorite band (technically 2nd line) with my favorite person! Saw a bunch of good bands besides; Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Wintersun, Korpiklaani, Whitesnake, Ministry, Opeth, Nevermore etc.
Stayed in Valhalla, which is a 240 x 240 x 185 palace of tentiness! The weather surprised everyone by letting about 10 minutes of rain fall...then no more. The sun shining evilly throughout the festival causing much burning of skin and heating of heads (thank the Nether for 2 kgs of ice cubes costing only a generous 3 euro).

I'm back home, back at work. Starting to pack away my stuff since I'm soon moving into the apartment. We'll paint and such next weekend so it's soon all gonna happen. Looking forward to a certain someone moving here and sharing said apartment :P
Alright...time for some more WoW. I've got a quest to grind!

*scampers off*

1 Comments:

Blogger Anicko said...

Laying fiber optic cable might not be too much fun but have you ever thought about dental school? Unless you wanna be a psychiatrist, that's just one medical specialty. Get into oral and maxillofacial surgery and you don't have to worry about the medschool exams that just are _so_ difficult everywhere. If you have the guts (and a strong stomach), forensic dentistry'd be a great option.
Elsewhere, combining Japanese with Children of Bodom doesn't sound too bad. Know the story of the real Bodom lake? that's a scary one... :)

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home