Saturday, June 03, 2006


Alrighty...

Going through my bookmarks I came across Bunny's blog, which in turn led me here.
Heh...I just don't have the state of mind to constantly update this so I suppose I'll stick with the sporadic updating schedule.

What's happened?
Hmm...I moved to Reykjavík (a.k.a City of Fear) and started working, quit my job, and am now living on the money I made in those first 5 weeks. Hehe...It's been an adventure, met loads of people and then funny enough mostly hang out with my only old friends from back home.
Pretty funny how that works. I sat with one of my best friends for about 6 hours yesterday (00:00 - 06:00) just talking...about politics, life, philosophy, emotions etc. etc. It felt nice, we haven't done that in so long.
We use to stand or sit outside his house like that after RPG sessions and just chat away for hours, the cops thought we were selling drugs or planning a break in (atleast they drove by like 18 times in 2 hours).

The good old days.

At the moment I'm sitting at an impromptu LAN, playing Warcraft III with two of my ancient buddys (who happen to be together). We ate thai food, spicy as hell and lovely.

I DM'ed yesterday. The start of something epic I think. I might DM again tomorrow. Bunny is already making her character to join in August. Shit...August.
14th of June I start my entrance exams, 15th they're over...I want to start working on the 16th and then work out until around 29-30th of July. I need the cash desperately since I'm going to Wacken (or just not eat or buy anything...which would suck) I plan on spending to an upwards of 90.000 ISK at Wacken...or atleast keeping that possibility open.

So...fish processing it is. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo. But hey...cirka 200.000 ISK a month, maybe more depending on what shifts I get.

A friend of mine will be working there as well (along with the girl I'm hanging out with atm). He's moving here from "Ísafjörður". Imagine a place far away and not really special. Imagine moving there...yeah...now he's moving away and coming to the big city. Good idea methinks.
He's responsible for this master piece.

Damn this thing is disjointed...but give me a break it's like 4 AM.
I'm thinking of hitting the sack, get some rest and then mix the blix tomorrow. I need to:
a.) Take a shower (easier said than done, need to go to my local swimming pool for that seeing as I don't have a shower)
b.) Find out if there's D&D tomorrow night (technically tonight).
c.) Study, study, study, STUDY as hell...I want to finish 30 pages of bio-chem tomorrow as well as do some math in relation to that.
d.) ASS! I just remembered I'm invited to dinner tomorrow. Shit...
I need to find out when the hell that is, delay all plans for D&D and such until that's sorted...ah crud (decided to tone down the swearing).
e.) Tidy my room...I don't want it turning into a pig sty.

There...got a nice list up which I can refer to tomorrow (technically today)
Hmm...I'll post the results of how this thing goes. (like anyone cares).

Ok...sleep now.
Later

5 Comments:

Blogger SpawN said...

Sick.

Hope your entrance exams go well. Then you'll be able to cut dead, smelly people, that have been swimming in formalin for 5 years. And whitness old people talk about anal leakage... if you're still planning on studying medicine that is.

Sigh. Final exams here. Remember gay penis? Elephant... gay... penis...

Yepp, I'm pretty impressed by the numbers as well. Damn rich Nordic people.

I don't think I'd get paid 200.000 ISK working a regular job... as a doctor... but then again... I don't know what the value of Icelandic Kroners is...

Cheers!

RomaN

5:45 AM  
Blogger Anicko said...

I just so feel I want to comment on your blog (found it accidentally, wondering what everyone is doing these days). So really, GOOD LUCK (should you need any) with the entrance exams! (I can personally relate to that, having had my own on May 29th in Finland).
Great blog, keep posting and please comment on the Icelandic Eurovision song if you have time :D

3:01 PM  
Blogger Dreihaddar said...

No seriously guys...
While 200.000 ISK is alot of money (as in, I'd not like to get fined 200.000 ISK). Then it's quite easy to get that amount when you work overtime, weekends and if you work in fish; one of the most depressing jobs you can have.

Seriously...all you see is floppy dead fish being torn asunder all day...alllll day...and nothing but chinese, thai and russians that are on the conveyor with you...talking their blarged languages during coffee breaks while munching on 4 day old bread (which is usually provided) drinking chunky saft (no, it's not supposed to by chunky :|)

Ahhh...
I'm looking forward to it.

No but really. If you think that's alot of money just come here and get...I don't know...a pizza. A pizza is around 2400 ISK. That's around $32.
Taking the bus costs around $3.
Going to the movies (sans snacks) is around $11.5
So 200.000 a month (- rent, -food, -going to the movies, taking the bus, -car [if you have one])

Well...it goes very, very fast.

But hey! I'm not planning on spending this money in Iceland :D I'm gonna spend it in Germany. Whoo!

(As a further note. I got cirka knee high boots, ankle long coat for 200 Euro. I couldn't even buy half a boot with that here :S)

So remember kids...Iceland is a great place to work but an expensive place to live. Solution? Travel.

Later

~Ace

9:38 AM  
Blogger Tugc said...

The numbers are scary..but i was mainly keen on the "tidy room" part..since my room has always a heap of clothes on the chair..not at home though..i m a bit better at home..
Good luck with the entrance exams...hope they go well..

11:54 AM  
Blogger SpawN said...

Confused...

Who loves you?

I don't fucking know!!! :D

Put on some pants WHAT???

Get help... I agree :D
But I wonder if we're both thinking about the same kind of help :D

Nice to hear from you too!!!

Cheers!

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home